Atelier Devergne, architecture and interior design studio based in Colombes, in the Parisian region, presents the Maison de Nogent-Sur-Marne project. It is a project of complete renovation of a listed house of 130m2 in Val-de-Marne (94). Audrey Chamoret Devergne and Aurélie Godard detail this project as well as their collaboration with the Cimenterie de la Tour on the prescription of our cement tiles.
The renovation project for the house in Nogent-Sur-Marne
– Audrey, what was your clients’ initial request? Any particular expectations regarding this renovation project?
– My clients had bought a pretty house classified as an Art Nouveau millstone and needed help renovating it while restoring the charm it had lost due to previous renovations. They also wanted to gain in brightness and feeling of space: there were many partitions and the rooms were therefore all in length. We had to try to gain width.
– What direction have you decided to take in terms of style and concept?
– My clients particularly liked the architecture of their house and wanted to regain the lost charm. But they also liked the much more designer and contemporary interiors. So I tried to combine the two to find a balance between the charm of the old and a fully contemporary decoration. In addition, old materials such as cement tiles, wallpapers with classic patterns, designer lighting and very dark colors that contrast and add a lot of modernity to the whole were associated.
I particularly appreciated working on this project which reflects very well my universe mixing tradition and modernity. The clients have trusted me on clear biases and the result is both classic and original. They are also delighted.
– In this project, what led you to choose cement tiles?
– Originally, there were cement tiles in this pretty house. However, they had been removed by former owners. My clients really wanted to put in authentic cement tiles despite the huge budget that this represented. The cement tiles were fully part of what we sought to achieve in this house, namely to restore charm while modernizing the decoration. We therefore opted for a classic pattern with more contemporary colors (black / white).
– Why did you choose La Cimenterie de La Tour as collaborator and supplier?
– I was already a client of Cimenterie de la Tour and I was satisfied with my previous order. In addition, we found the pattern we wanted in the desired color. Finally, the quality / price ratio was interesting.
– Your vision of the Cimenterie de la Tour
– Cimenterie de la Tour is a supplier that I recommend for the choice, the quality of the products, the fairly large stocks and the very efficient after-sales service. In particular, we had a problem with the quantity: we therefore had to recommend a box of tiles which was delivered to us within 48 hours. This greatly facilitated things on the site and allowed us not to waste time despite this quantity problem.
According to Atelier Devergne, cement tiles make it possible to combine the authentic with the contemporary while working on the harmony of colors, shades and patterns. Do not hesitate to visit our Cimenterie de la Tour showroom or our project simulator. We will advise you in the choice of cement tiles.
Thanks to Atelier Devergne
Photo credit: Maryline Krynicki
Article by Voligne